Follow me

new art supplies + dedicated spot to use them

So many people rave about the Golden Fluid Acrylics, about the colour, about the texture. Last weekend I finally visited the one art supplies store in Hong Kong that seems to sell them (you won’t believe how many stores don’t have it). While I was there, I got some other knick knacks as well…

art supplies

So I got the Golden Fluid Acrylics (Titanium White, Carbon Black, Turquoise, Cobalt Teal, Hansa Yellow and Naphthol Red), Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid, brayer, foam brush, hobby knife, paper trimmer, and Washi origami paper.

As you can see from the brayer, it’s already taken a bit of abuse by the time I got around to taking the picture (more on my new found love for brayering later). It was so much fun walking through a real art supplies store (as opposed to a stationery shop) and putting things into the basket – of course, it wasn’t so fun when it was time to pay!

After playing with the above items for a couple of days, I realise that I’ve been accumulating more and more stuff (something I’m sure every art journaling, scrapbook making, or mixed media artists are familiar with) and the little floor spot between the sofa and the TV is not nearly enough room to put everything. Not to mention the hassle of putting things away when I’m done with them (imagine having friends over and having them tip-toe over gesso tubs, stencils/masks, and acrylics/watercolours). So I finally decided to clear out a little niche in my apartment (formerly my unused dining area) and dedicate it solely towards anything creative.

creative corner

This is a picture of my modest art niche; I know it’s no where near anything like the workshops people have posted on the web, but it’s my own and I have a bad bad feeling that I would be adding more to it soon (lol). I’ve refrained from piling my metal clay, cross stitching, tatting, knitting things onto this table as I wanted to leave room on it for me to actually work!

We’ll see how long I can keep things tidy… do you reckon I should find some sort of cover for the table? Any suggestions?

Comments

  1. I so hear you on this! I started art journaling in Dec or so and I have a lot of stuff for a newbie, it's very addicting! But I totally LOVE it.. And good for you for finding a space that you can create. I too live in a small place and I managed to do the same, it's made a lot of difference! I was just hinking I was going to do a blgo post on that subject!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts