Follow me

EDM – everyday matters

I recently got introduced to the EDM challenge; a list of daily sketch prompts, most of them just everyday items that you see lying around the house.

I got the above link from borromini bear’s photostream on flickr. She’s doing an Every Day May project, where she selected the first 31 prompts in the EDM challenge list to be completed once per day. Quite a few people have joined in on the exercise and you can take part too; just send a PM to borromini bear’s flickr account to get added to her list of participants.

Although the subject matter can seem inane, EDM sketches can still result in very pretty pages if you put enough effort into it. Borromini bear’s sketches were so pretty, it inspired me to try a few EDM sketches too (no, I’m not going to do the Every Day May project – I know I have trouble sticking to any “XXX per day” projects).

EDM #131 - May 20, 2010
But before I put pencil to paper, the EDM challenge sparked the nerd bug within me. On the right hand column of this page, you would see a small box titled “Everyday Matters – Sketch Prompt”. This box would randomly display one of 274 EDM challenges on the list (I will try to update it as Karen Winters adds more to the list), perhaps you would like to try drawing whatever is suggested there right now?

EDM - May 21, 2010 EDM #130 - May 21, 2010

Comments

Popular Posts