Follow me

First Typecast

IMG_9376.JPG

This is my first typecast, so I'll keep everything left-aligned to make it easier for me.

So already there is a typo, and the anal part of me is itching to retype the whole thing to fix it up, but that's not the point of this exercise, is it?
I find, when typing on a typewriter - san first draft - that I have trouble thinking of something to write. More accurately, I am wary of typing anything until I have it semi-formulated in my head.
This, of course, makes sense, as you cannot delete off a typewritten page.
But at the same time I find that my mind is not used to fully forming sentences before committing them to paper; my mind is used to being allowed to see the formless ideas spewed onto the screen before going back to edit them before clicking "send" or "submit".

I think this exercise might help my writing in some ways. Although in some ways it would force me to write slower, it may force me to think and formulate my ideas more quickly.

Reading the above entry, I could already see some sentence structure that needs improving.
And some spelling.

From my only typewriter,[^It seems a lot of typecasts sign off with the model of the typewriter they used to type with, but I only have one] the Imperial Good Companion 1943

Comments

Popular Posts